Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thoughts on the last debate and the Phillies going to the World Series

So I was updating my Facebook status live during the debate with random thoughts. My cousin (RDM) was doing the same thing. I thought it might be fun to post them all here. I don't know what his official political persuasion is, though I think it's pretty obvious that he doesn't care for McCain. And I don't know if Obama would be a good president or not, but he's certainly less scary to me at this point than McCain. No offense to any of you who are McCain/Palin supporters. :) Some of this isn't as funny when you don't know what was being "debated" while the comment was made, but it's still amusing. Moreso RDM's than mine. Here we go...

RDM [9:12pm]: Wait... Joe vs. The Volcano?

ME [9:14pm]: Thinking that John McCain is a creepy old man.

RDM [9:15pm]: McCain looks so snarky.

ME [9:17pm]: Laughing b/c her cousin said McCain looks "snarky." Ha!

RDM [9:18pm]: Hey Hey Hey - some of my good friends started as Marketing Assistants!

ME [9:19pm]: Can McCain look and/or sound any more uncomfortable?

ME [9:21pm]: I never noticed before that they're both left-handed. Hmmm...

ME [9:23pm]: What was THAT face?

ME [9:28pm]: Vowing to use the word repudiate in at least one instance tomorrow.

ME [9:31pm]: Oh for God's sake... get over Joe the Plumber!

RDM [9:32pm]: WHO THE F... CARES???? Can we get back to the issues? The real issues?

RDM [9:35pm]: here's an idea... have a debate right now!!!!!

RDM [9:38pm]: I like acorns... especially in the fall.

RDM [9:39pm]: Choosed to? Choosed to?

RDM [9:44pm]: I want to see Ron Paul come in and show these two what's what.

ME [9:48pm]: Can't wait for election day to come and go so we don't have to see as much of these two.

ME [9:54pm]: Wondering when Columbia started helping the U.S. stop the flow of illegal drugs into this country?

ME [9:55pm]: By the way, the Phillies are winning in the 5th!

ME [10:00pm]: oh boy, Joe the plumber is back.

RDM [10:01pm]: I like kittys.

ME [10:08pm]: Exhausted from listening to all this crap.
(To which RDM commented: "Don't you think that our 94 year old grandfather could set McCain straight?")

RDM [10:11pm]: Is McCain wearing pink lipstick? I'm not judging... just observing. Maybe he needs a more autumn color?

RDM [10:14pm]: IT WAS DECIDED 35 YEARS AGO... MOVE ON... WE'RE IN A DEPRESSION!

ME [10:21pm]: Oh that silly teaching certification... who needs it?

RDM [10:25pm]: Yes! Reform 3rd Grade! I have been calling for that since 1982ish.

ME [10:27pm]: Confused as to why McCain keeps talking about how Sarah Palin knows about autism... her baby has Downs Syndrome. No?

RDM [10:32pm]: "Good Job, Good Job, Yea Yea" What, was McCain channeling his inner GW Bush?

RDM [10:43pm]: Ok... enough for tonight.

At this point, I had given up on debate analysis and flipped over to the Phillies game...

ME [10:46pm]: Amazed at the catch Victorino just made!

ME [10:50pm]: Gawking at Garciopara's nose. Wow.

ME [10:56pm]: Off to bed... will watch the end of the game there. 'Nite all.

I did watch the end of the game there, and I'm delighted to report that the Phillies will be playing in the World Series!!!! Very exciting. I do have to admit that I missed much of the 9th inning, as I was apparently studying the inside of my eyelids; however, I was awake for the last two outs and saw the celebration after the win.

The stuffed Phillie Phanatic I have had since I was about Keeper Boy's age (maybe longer) always sits on a shelf in my office. He went to college with me and has been on a shelf in every office/cubicle I've occupied since graduating. This morning I moved him to a place of honor on the corner of my desk where all can bask in his green, furry glow as they walk by.

No comments: