Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oh, and work...

I forgot to mention work in my last post. Work is good. Started the new gig the last week of June. I'm basically doing the same thing I did in my last job (overseeing proposal production, doing all the editing, and creating the look of the proposal responses), with one more direct report and a slightly different title: Technical Publications Manager. Sounds fancy, no?

The commute is about two miles longer (for a total of five door-to-door) and adds almost 10 minutes. That's the downside. Upside?

  • Working for my former boss again, with most of my former team (who came over here with me from the old place)
  • Closer to Target for lunchtime shopping
  • Big company with a smaller company feel with regard to treating employees fairly
  • Company that's actually winning new and repeat business regularly
  • Flexibility
  • Office with a window!
  • Slight pay raise (always good)
  • Fridge stocked with Diet Coke
  • All Federal holidays off (not just the "major" ones)
  • Top Secret clearance (as of last week)

Some are big things; some are little. All combine for a job I enjoy going to each morning.

No comments: