Friday, December 17, 2010

Shock...

Shock doesn't begin to describe the feeling of finding out that one of Hubby's former co-workers (way back from the group home) was brutally murdered more than five years ago in Miami.

Obviously, we'd lost touch since this happened years ago and we had no clue. But when Hubby worked with him at the group home, we attended several parties and gatherings at the various homes he and his boyfriend owned in the time he was Hubby's co-worker. Other than a few Christmas cards in the first years after they re-located to Florida, we lost touch.

Ironically, my "archived" Christmas card list is what caused me to do a Facebook search on a couple people we no longer keep in touch with. I found a few, but when I searched this one particular guy, I came up with an In Memoriam page set up by his sister. From something posted on that Facebook page, I deduced that he had been killed. Curious, I googled his name and appended "murder" to the search. And I got the whole awful story.

I'm still in shock.

No comments: