Saturday, July 20, 2013

The annual room clean-up

Every year, I go through the boys' rooms while they are at camp or with grandparents and purge and clean. This year, I didn't get to it while J-Mav was gone, so he helped me go through his room. Even with his help, we got a huge box of stuff to get rid of, a big bag of stuff to give to J-Mav's cousin, and a large trash bag of stuff to throw away. We cleaned real good, and I even washed the window! Then J-Mav went around with the Magic Eraser and touched up his walls. Tonight we finally hung the wall decal he got for his birthday.






And I've spent about five hours in Keeper Boy's room... sorting, purging, cleaning... I also have a big box of stuff to get rid of from his room, as well as a bag of trash... mostly papers from the last school year that he no longer needs. I cleaned his windows, too. And I hung some stuff on his closet door where there were holes from things being thrown when he was mad. Tonight we finally hung the wall decal his godmother gave him for HIS birthday (it's him!), as well as his Rookie of the Year award for his high school hockey team and his varsity letter and team photo in a shadow box.





Nah... the boys don't like hockey at all! ;-P

No comments: