Sunday, December 14, 2008

Something NOT to buy at Costco...

I've been wrapping Christmas presents tonight. This year I vowed to use mostly wrapping paper (as opposed to gift bags as I've done for the past several years). I have several rolls to choose from thanks to a day-after-Christmas journey to Target last year. But I also have... the Costco roll.

About five years ago, I saw this really pretty wrapping paper at Costco. It was a nice shade of red with gold pine trees on it. Lovely. Festive. Perfect. Only it's not perfect. Because I've been using it for FIVE friggin' years and I'm nowhere NEAR the end of the roll. I swear I could've wrapped my house with this stuff and STILL had half a roll leftover. If I never see another roll of wrapping paper with trees on it, it'll be too soon.

So I'm using it. Again. But this is it. The last year. I'm giving it to someone else when I'm done wrapping. Someone else can wrap a zillion boxes with it and then get tired of using it year after year after year. And then maybe in five years I will have gotten over my bitterness and be ready to take it back and finish the roll. Because I'm sure there will still be some left. Seriously. It's THAT big.

And if you see me at Costco on the 26th oohing and aahing over the pretty wrapping paper, just slap me. That should bring me back to my senses.

No comments: