Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekend...

I spent a lot of time in my car this weekend. Not by design. The weekend started off with promise. Hubby and I got a babysitter and were heading downtown to the Caps game. A date! No kids! Only as this IS NoVA, we got stuck in massive traffic on 66 and missed about five minutes of the first period. Not a huge deal, but we would've rather been in our seats before the puck dropped. Anyway, we had a great time and the Caps won, which was even better.

Saturday was a day of chores around the house, and having our annual family photo taken. Both were accomplished with little fanfare. Late afternoon, J-Mav and I got in my car and headed down to BFF's house for her family's annual holiday party. Only it took us an hour to get there (should take 15 - 20 minutes). Yep, 66 again. Stupid traffic.

Hubby and Keeper Boy headed to the rink for Keeper Boy's hockey game. He was in net. I anxiously awaited updates on my phone while at the party, but none came. I had to wait until they arrived at the party later in the evening to find out that Keeper Boy had a good game and the team won 6-3. Yay! We watched the Caps game at the party and visited with friends we don't alway see very often. A good time was had by all.

This morning, Keeper Boy had a game in Maryland. J-Mav didn't want to go, so we didn't make him. He's been dragged to A LOT of hockey games in his young life, so when he really doesn't want to go, we usually don't make him. He slept in until 9am, so it's probably good that we didn't drag him out of bed at 7 to go. Keeper Boy was on door patrol for the 7-0 drubbing our boys game the team they played. Apparently it was quite the physical game, which is significant only because at the squirt level, there is still no contact allowed... that comes next year, at the pee wee level.

So good hockey weekend on both the kids level and the NHL level (at least for the Caps). Good weekend on other fronts, too. Lots of stuff done around the house and out and about (thus the spending a lot of time in my car comment). And the headache I've had off and on for the past week is off right now. So life is good.

I stil have an awful lot of stuff to wrap before Thursday when my parents arrive and I need to have the guest bedroom set up to be a bedroom and not a dumping ground for Christmas gifts! Good thing I don't have a busy week at work this week... I might have some late nights wrapping gifts!!

Up this week: hockey practice, the end of my deep water exercise class (not that I've gone the past few weeks), the shootout finals at Verizon Center for Keeper-Boy (during 1st intermission of the Caps game on Thursday night), and early Christmas with my parents. Oh and work and the rest of life, too...

And now, it's off to bed. Tomorrow's another day. Ten days until Christmas. Unvelievable!

No comments: