Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Frankenfoot

Saw Dr. G today for my final post-op check-up. He said everything looks good and I have no restrictions. That doesn't mean I can go out and run a marathon (not that I'd do that anyway). It just means there's no medical reason why I couldn't try. It'd be a little difficult, though, since the surgical site is still too tender to tie my shoe laces on that sneaker.

The scar is already flattened out, and the scabbing is starting to come off. Dr. G thinks it'll be a rather thin scar. Cool. :-)

He also told me I didn't do any damage by wearing heels to work yesterday. :-) My foot felt good, and the shoes didn't hurt, so I did it. Dumb. Frankenfoot still didn't hurt at the end of the day, but wow. My foot was a flippin' sausage! I could feel the fluid build-up in my foot. It was gross. It's still not back to normal today! No more heels for awhile. Sneakers and Crocs. My work pants will just have to drag on the ground...

No comments: