Saturday, December 19, 2009

Frankenfoot

Frankenfoot is not so much. With the scabbing coming off, the scar flattening out, and bruising and swelling almost completely gone, my foot almost looks normal. As normal as a foot with a four-inch scar on the top of it will ever look, anyway. I no longer have any real pain, just some discomfort every once in awhile. It seems that the more scabbing that comes off, the less pain I have. That works for me.

I am still wearing my Mammoth Crocs or sneakers every day. I tried the heels again earlier this week, and even after just an hour, I could tell my foot was swelling a little. So I'll probably need to stick with the flat shoes for at least a few more weeks.

I think after the holidays, I'll be able to tie my sneaker tight enough to at least walk on the treadmill. I desparately need to do that. I'm still hopeful that I will be able to ice skate on the Rideau Canal (if it's frozen enough to be open for skating yet)... we'll see.

RIP Frankenfoot.

No comments: