Thursday, May 6, 2010

Just another day

Please don’t do that.
I’m not in the mood.
Put on your socks and shoes.
No, Oreos are not breakfast food.


Those shorts are ugly.
I didn’t do it.
But he got it out.
No, it’s not a zit.


Wash your face.
Take your pill.
Brush your teeth.
Will you just sit still?


No. Uh uh.
I’m not gonna do that.
It’s a free county.
NO.


Are you ready to go?
Do you have all your stuff?
What’s wrong now?
Don’t walk around in a huff!


Where’s my vocab?
I can’t find my cleat.
Did you pack my lunch?
Well, what am I supposed to eat?


Get your stuff.
It’s time to go.
You’ll be late!
IT’S TIME TO GO!


I don’t have any homework.
Oh, I forgot it at school.
Homework is boring.
I want to go to the pool.


I don’t really care.
I’m going to count to three.
Keep your hands to yourself.
Eyes. On. Me.


What’s for dinner?
No way I’m eating that.
Fine, I won't eat.
What's wrong with wearing a hat?


Clean up your mess.
Sit down in your seat.
That’s not acceptable.
Stop talking and eat.


Hey, I burped/farted.
You’re a dork.
He’s teasing me.
But I don’t like pork.


It tastes like chicken.
You’ve eaten it before.
If you don’t like the rules,
There’s the door.


But I took a shower last night.
Yes I used soap.
I’m going as fast as I can.
I know, I know, you’re at the end of your rope.


Am I laughing?
Do I look amused?
I suggest you stop.
I’m at the end of my fuse.


But I’m not tired.
I want to stay up.
I need to tell you about my day.
I need some water in a cup.


Get in bed.
Go to sleep.
It’s past your bedtime.
I don’t want to hear a peep.


I love you, Mama.
You’re the best.

I love you, too.
Get a good night’s rest.


Tomorrow will come.
Just another day.
Busy. Frustrating. Life.
I’d have it no other way.

No comments: