Friday, May 7, 2010

More poetry

In keeping with the poetry theme of yesterday, I thought I'd post these two poems Keeper Boy wrote for his poetry unit at school. I think they're both very good. :)

School is Great!
I don't last in Physical Ed.
In music I can't sing.
I can't pass art to save my life.
In computer lab I don't know a thing.
I'll go dumb in History.
In Math my mind starts swelling.
Don't know much Biology.
At least I'm good at speling!


If I Were In Charge of the World
This poem is loosely based on the original of the same name by Judith Voirst. Their assignment was to use it as a base and write a similar poem.

If I were in charge of the world
I'd cancel parking meters,
Tuesday nights,
The Iraqi fight, and also Justin Bieber.

If I were in charge of the world
A mile wouldn't be so far,
Dinosaurs would be alive,
And I'd have a hockey rink in my backyard.

If I were in charge of the word
You wouldn't have sad.
Hunger would be gone.
You could never get mad.

If I were in charge of the world
War would hit the dirt.
No "Leave him along, you've got your own!"
No one could ever get hurt.

If I were in charge of the world
There'd be no such think as being sick,
Every food would be chocolate,
And you could transport yourself with a click.

It'd be me, tall and proud,
With the stars and stripes unfurled,
On the gold medal stand, in the Olympics,
If I were in charge of the world.

No comments: