Thursday, June 21, 2012

Keeper Boy's Hawaiian Adventure: Day 1

I'll try to post any updates I get from Jenrie or Uncle Hooter here.

Day 1 - 6/20/12 - Arrival

Keeper Boy's flight landed a half hour early, and by the time he texted me to let me know he'd arrived, he was already at baggage claim and Uncle Hooter was still on his way to the airport. They connected via cell phone and made a plan... Keeper Boy got his luggage and met Uncle Hooter outside, where he was waiting in the car. He told me that he slept on the plane, watched some movies, had a cheeseburger for lunch, and ate most of the snacks I had put in his backpack... a package of beef jerky and an entire bag of goldfish. The only thing he didn't finish was the box of Nilla Wafers and a small bag of popcorn he'd gotten from the orthodontist when he got his braces off.

I got this email from Jenrie last night:
The kids were thrilled to see Justin, we had dinner and everyone is watching a movie now. Peyton is cuddled up with her Justin! aww!
I just can't get over how deep his voice has gotten since last summer!
Tomorrow afternoon Josh's unit is doing a hike and family can join them so Justin is going along.
And so his big adventure begins!

No comments: