Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thankful

Day 17

Today I am thankful for the vigilance of our credit card company. They changed our card number last month after a possible "third-party breach" of some sort. We started using our new cards on 10/30, destroying the old ones. The old number was going to stay valid until about November 10, I think, to give us time to activate the new one, change any auto-pay accounts we have set up, etc. Got our statement yesterday and there were five charges on 11/7 using the old number. So it appears it was a good thing they changed the number, even though it was a pain in the butt. And they are going to refund the approximately $300 in fraudulent charges that appeared on the statement. Sometimes you get good customer service without being a bitch about it. :)

In another excellent customer service story, I had to take the truck in for service yesterday morning as the check engine light came on and it was doing something weird. The dealership (because it's still under warranty, I schlepped all the way to the dealer) thought they might need to keep it at least overnight after running the initial diagnostic, so I went next door to get a rental car as we need two cars for our activities this weekend. I got a car under the weekend special, which would've had me keeping the car through Monday. I did this because the rental place is not open on Sundays. It was $5 cheaper than the daily rate for the same timeframe. However, they told me if I was able to return the car today I could just pay the daily rate. That was fine. I went back to work. Three hours later, the dealership called and said my truck was all fixed and ready to go. Doh! So I walked back into the rental car place exactly 3 hours and 56 minutes after I had walked out. It was the same two guys behind the counter. I made a joke about how I had the car less than four hours and drove it a whopping 11 miles. I didn't even need to put gas in it. Long story short, they only charged me $17 (instead of the $43 daily rate). The $17 is the "daily" rate for the weekend special. They are not supposed to use that rate on its own... only as the conglomerate weekend rate. But I was grateful. :) Way to go, Enterprise!

No comments: