Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Um... hi?

I sometimes find myself sending the same update emails to multiple people--family in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, South Carolina, and California; and friends in at least that many states. So why not write the message once in a central location and call it good? That's kind of the thinking behind starting this blog. Plus, everyone else is doing it! I thought maybe it was time to jump on the band wagon.

Not sure I want to put a whole bunch of personal information on the web, so I likely won't be using real names. But those who know me and my family will know who I'm talking about. :-)

Random thoughts for the first post... Thoughts and prayers are with my awesome brother-in-law (henceforth known as BIL), who has gone to Iraq for a second tour. He'll be over there until this time next year. Stay safe little brother!!... Attended my husband's high school reunion over the weekend. Interesting group of folks he graduated with! That's about all I'm going to say because mine is next year and I'm sure it'll be just as interesting!... My little guy (we'll call him J-Mav) is three weeks into Kindergarten and all is well. Time sure does fly! He scored a goal during his soccer game last weekend!!... My big guy (we'll call him Keeper Boy) also had an awesome weekend. He participated in a shootout tournament at Kettler (Caps practice facility) and he and his teammate won their bracket, advancing to the finals to be competed during intermission of a Washington Capitals game during the regular season! How cool is that?

Guess that's it for this time. Don't know how often I'll post anything, or what I'll really have to say that's of any interest. But thanks for reading. :)

No comments: