Wednesday, July 22, 2009

CANADA TRIP - Day 1

Day .5 - Travel
I'll count last night as Day .5 since we didn't leave until 7:30pm. We packed up after work and went to Subway for dinner with Hubby's brother and our sister-in-law. We got on the road and drove until Hubby was too tired to drive anymore. We had hoped to get to Erie, PA, but we made it only to New Castle, PA. That was okay, though. We pulled in to a Comfort Inn about midnight and got a good night's rest before heading out again this morning.

Day 1 - Niagara Falls
We arrived in Niagara Falls around 2pm after an exremely uneventful and quick drive across the border. We found our hotel and checked in. It's very cool... THREE beds, so no fighting among the boys when there should be sleeping!

We immediately walked down to the Maid of the Mist. We bought our tickets and got right on with no wait. We wore our very stylish blue, Maid of the Midst ponchos. I forgot to grab J-Mav's sea bands out of the car before we walked down to the landing, so I slyly got a plastic bag from one of the boat employees (just in case). The ride was great, the falls are just as beautiful as I remember them. The kids loved the ride and how close we were idling next to the Canadian Falls. And J-Mav was fine. I took lots of pictures... hopefully a few of them will turn out well. I thought I brought the cord to get the pictures off the camera, but apparently the cord I brought is for something else. I have no idea what. Doh!

After the boat ride, we walked down to the end of the sidewalk... to the place where Hubby and Keeper Boy had looked at the Canadian falls when they were in January. We stood right where the water goes over the falls and looked down. Very cool. And very wet!

Then we walked back to Clifton Hill (where our hotel is) and we went in the Guinness World Records Museum. Kind of cheesy, but there was some interesting stuff in there. The kids enjoyed it. Dinner at Ruby Tuesday's and now we're relaxing for a few minutes before we head back down to the falls for a concert, the falls illumination at 8pm and fireworks at 10pm.

Don't know what the plan is for tomorrow... we did everything today that we had planned for Niagara Falls. So we might just wander around a bit in the morning and head to Toronto after lunch instead of tomorrow evening.

One thing I need to do is find a drug store and get some ice packs. Something is really wrong with my foot. It started hurting this morning and walking around on it all day hasn't helped. It's a pain on the bottom of my foot, kind of where my heel meets the middle of my foot. I'm hoping it's not plantar facitis (sp?)...

No comments: