Friday, July 31, 2009

Thinking...

My life is pretty darn blessed.

I follow several bloggers... a few are family, a few are bloggers I stumbled on in some random place or through other people's blogs. One such blogger is Fat Cyclist (http://www.fatcyclist.com/). I first linked to his blog through my IronMan cousin's blog. For more than a year I have read the fatcyclist.com blog (which is, at its core, about cycling) and followed along with his family's battle against the cancer that is slowly tearing his wife Susan from from them. This man, Elden (the fat cyclist), is a man I've never met; a man I never will meet. But I feel like I know him. He is an amazing writer, and an even more amazing husband/father/person. And he regularly brings me to tears. Today I read that the end of this awful journey is near for his family. Today my heart aches.

Update: Susan passed away the evening of August 5, 2009.

No comments: