Tuesday, July 28, 2009

CANADA TRIP - Day 6

Day 6 - Not in Really in Canada at All
Yesterday was Day 6; the last day of vacation. Compared to the day before, it was completely uneventful. We met my aunt and uncle for breakfast and then headed down to my parents' house. It took a couple hours. The boys disappeared into the basement (my dad has taped a hockey net to the wall down there and keeps hockey sticks and balls there for them) and we visited for a while with mom and dad. We all went out for a mid-afternoon late lunch/early dinner, and then Hubby and I headed home to Virginia.

We made very good time, and didn't even get too hung up on the beltway, even though we returned to town during rush hour. Bonus! We got home right around 7pm. We unloaded the van, and Hubby proceeded to load up his hockey gear and head to the rink for his game while I went to pick up K-dog from the kennel. Even without the kids we were going in different directions!

Today it was back to work. Vacation over. :-(

We received a dispatch from Camp Grandma and Grandpa. All is well. They went mini-golfing and to the Nike Outlet to get Keeper Boy a new pair of running shoes. I think a trip to the pool was on tap for earlier this afternoon. And Keeper Boy did well with his contact lenses this morning. He got one in and Grandpa got the other one in. One of these days he'll get both of them in by himself! He's just not there yet...

Foot update--for anyone who cares, my foot is pretty much back to normal and has been since Sunday afternoon-ish. It got better each day as the day wore on. Odd but true. I guess I just need to wait until the next time it happens. If it is plantar whatever, I think it'll come and go throughout my life. Not like I'm a stranger to foot issues. I've had my fair share. Just something else to add to the list!

No comments: