Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Accountability

Or maybe I should say non-accountability...

I haven't been to a Weight Watchers meeting since I don't know when. Before Halloween at best. More likely it was sometime in September. Most Wednesdays (at least up until when I had my surgery) I had plans to go, and every time, something prevented me from going. Yes, some weeks the reason was paper thin, but many weeks it was due to a conflict or unavoidable task at work.

Before last night, I hadn't worked out in months. I hadn't been on the treadmill for at least a month prior to my surgery because it was too uncomfortable. And I haven't been on the treadmill since my surgery because it was too uncomfortable.

But I did get on the treadmill last night for 30 minutes. I didn't walk as fast I usually do, and the foot was a little achey afterward, but I did it. And that's a start. :)

Tomorrow I intend to go to Weight Watchers. Me and all the new years resolutioners. Ugh. I haven't been there in so long, I wouldn't be shocked if I don't recognize anyone or if the leader has changed.

It's an uphill battle always. But moreso now. I got a note from my doctor in December to increase my goal weight by five pounds from what I was aiming for before. At my new goal weight I am happy and comfortable in my clothes. Unfortunately, with the 8-10 pounds I gained since September, even that new goal weight is 20 pounds away.

But I need to do something. The supply of clothes that fit comfortably has dwindled rapidly. And I like my clothes!

So... back to Weight Watchers (which I've been paying for this entire time and not using), and reacquaintance with both my treadmill and my Wii Fit. Those are the goals.

TODAY'S STATS
Pounds to goal: 15(according to my scale)

No comments: