Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Frankenfoot

Frankenfoot was officially released from Dr. G's care last week. No restrictions on activity or shoes. I still don't have all the feeling back on the top of my foot, and I still can't bend my littlest three toes correctly, but for the most part it's all good. I am now using Mederma to try to fade the scar a little. If it doesn't fade, I'm not too concerned about it. It's on my foot, afterall, not my forehead.


So I can wear any shoes I want now. That's not to say that I do. I am wearing flats a lot more (which I'm told is better for the plantar fasciitis issue). Heels still tend to make my foot swell somewhat, although some of them are more comfortable to wear. I'm not sure what the excuse it today, though. I am wearing loafers, but as you can see in the picture, my foot is looking rather sausage-esque today. Can't wait to see what it looks like after I have worn strappy shoes for several hours on Saturday night for a party! It might not be pretty.


Synopsis: I have no pain (unless someone steps on, kicks, or otherwise traumatizes the top of my foot). I am walking/running on the treadmill again. I want to try Zumba again soon. The nerve tingling may or may not go away. The ability to curl my toes all the way may or may not come all the way back. The cyst itself may or may not come back. The half of the scar that's closer to my ankle is fading faster than the half that's closer to my toes. And the swelling may take another six months to completely go away.

Anyway, unless something weird happens, this will likely be my last post about dear old Frankenfoot. Goodbye Frankenfoot!

No comments: