Monday, November 8, 2010

Not so smart, afterall...

My truck has four computers and 13 motherboards to run all its "schtuff." I can start it from the warmth of my home with the press of a button. It beeps at me when I back up and get close to something. It shows me what's behind me. It automatically connects to my cell phone via Bluetooth when I get within about 25 feet of the car if the car is running (or when I turn the car on). It turns off the radio when a call comes in on my cell phone. It adjusts the volume of the radio depending on how fast I'm driving (and thus how much engine noise there is). It heats my butt/back. It allows the kids to plug in ear phones and listen to something completely different than we are listening too up front. It adjusts the driver's seat and sideview mirrors depending on whether I am driving or Hubby is. It tells me how many miles I can drive before I will run out of gas and how long until I need to have the oil changed. It sends me an email every month with diagnostics on various parts of the truck for God's sake.

But it didn't automatically turn the clock back an hour yesterday.

No comments: