Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's a small world afterall

Monday afternoon we were at a restaurant celebrating Keeper Boy's hockey team's tournament championship with several other families from the team. We have many interesting occupations among the parents of Keeper Boy's teammates, including a seemingly high number of attorneys. But I digress. The two dads who star in this story are a professional athlete and a commercial airline pilot.

Conversation turned to where Athlete would be performing this weekend; the answer being the Northwest U.S. He stated that he was flying out to Seattle on Thursday (yesterday). To which Pilot responded, I think I'm flying to Seattle later this week. (It had already been established that Athlete mostly flies the airline for which Pilot works.)

They both pulled out their phones to check their calendars. Turns out it was the same flight! What are the chances? Pilot would be flying Athlete to Seattle. Pilot told Athlete to be sure to stop by and say hi. I'm not sure how that works exactly since I believe the cockpit door is now closed and locked before passengers ever get on board a flight. And I don't think attendants take too kindly to people pounding on the cockpit door just to say hi.

Anyway, I haven't talked to either of them to see if Pilot really did fly Athlete to Seattle. I'll have to ask Mrs. Athlete at the hockey game on Saturday...

No comments: