Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Project Hawaii

Last night I saw a photo of myself that was taken at a cocktail party on Saturday evening. Ouch. I don't see myself as that big when I look in the mirror...

So the update is this: I haven't really lost any weight (the scale waivers up and down within the same two or three pound range whenever I get on it). However, I have noticed that my pants are fitting a little better and, in some cases, a little looser. Maybe I am making some progress...

I have been very good about getting on the treadmill each day. I think Sunday was the first day I've taken off in a couple weeks. I'm not being so regular about the Shake Weight, but I do use it.

I recently discovered there is a "gym" (and locker room) downstairs at work. I use the term loosely, as it consists of two treadmills and a set of hand weights. But hey... most of what I'm doing is on the treadmill, anyway. I brought my workout clothes today intending to go down there at "lunch" and do today's workout. I forgot I had lunch plans, though. So I'll get on the treadmill tonight.

I suppose I could amp things up and get on the treadmill both at work and at home some days... we'll see.

As far as the eating... I'm doing okay. I'm not snacking much, which is good. I could probably be making better choices as far as what I eat. For example, I eat tomato soup for lunch most days. But it's probably high in sodium, which means water retention. I do buy the lower sodium tomato soup, though.

All that to say, there is progress being made. Slowly. But progress nonetheless.

No comments: