Thursday, February 5, 2009

Heard...

This was relayed from my sister-in-law (Jenrie), through my husband, so it's probably not verbatim, but the effect is there...

Pre-school teacher: What is your full name?

Adorable nephew: Well, my REAL name is Peter Parker. But if I'm lost or need help, I'm supposed to say that my name is [Adorable Nephew's first, middle, and last names].


-------------------------------------------
Back story: I guess they've been working in pre-school on knowing pertinent information about themselves so if they ever find themselves lost or in trouble, they can give that information to the police officer or adult who can help them. However, for awhile now, Adorable Nephew has been insistent that he is Peter Parker (or sometimes, Spiderman, depending on the situation, I guess). Jenrie was starting to worry that if anything ever DID happen to Adorable Nephew, that he'd tell the police officer or adult that his name is Peter Parker! So she's been having these talks with him about why he needs to say his given name instead of Peter Parker when asked what his name is. Thus the gem retold above...

1 comment:

Jenrie said...

So I was just looking back through your blog since I hadn't read it in awhile and this story still made me laugh out loud. He is too much!