Saturday, February 28, 2009

Social butterflies...

Is it sad that my kids have busier social lives than I do? At least this weekend--oh, let's face it, most weekends. :-)

Last night I took them ice skating with BFF and her two kids and then we all went out for dinner and ice cream. The kids then had a sleepover at their house.

They came home this morning and did chores and homework before Hubby and Keeper Boy left for the rink. They were going to watch a hockey game and then Keeper Boy had practice. And now,at this very moment, my 11-year-old Keeper Boy is out with the rest of his teammates and their dads. At a bachelor party. At Hooters. Allow me to explain. Apparently the kids decided to have a "bachelor party" for their coach, who is getting married at some point in the future. I have no idea when. The invitation was a photocopied piece of paper, written by a 10-year-old, that said:

"Come to Hooters in Chantilly after practice on Saturday for Coach Mike's bachelor party. No moms or sisters allowed because they would ruin it."

Can't argue with that kind of logic!

Meanwhile, J-Mav and I were home all afternoon. I was cleaning and shredding lots of old statements, bills, etc. I got a call with a request for J-Mav to go to a friend's house tomorrow afternoon to play. He was very excited. Late this afternoon J-Mav and I headed over to Target to get him some new sneakers en route to Logan's for dinner. While in Target, my Blackberry buzzed. It was a message from another friend's mom asking if J-Mav could come over and play TONIGHT. So we purchased the shoes (and a baseball equipment bag that he HAD to have because "he's a baseball player now") and grabbed a bite to eat at Logan's, and I dropped him off at his friend's house. They were running around playing Star Wars when I left. J-Mav will sleep well tonight!

I'm going to need a separate calendar for the boys' social engagements soon... how long until they can drive themselves? Oh, wait... maybe I should be careful of what I wish for!

No comments: