Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend...

Another busy weekend is winding down as I sit here watching the Oscars... not because I really care, but more because Hubby is at work trying to catch up, the kids are sound asleep, and there's nothing better on TV. I was happy to see Heath Ledger win Best Supporting Actor for his haunting performance as The Joker. He deserved it.

I had a weekend mixed with sadness and joy. Friday my brother and I drove up to Pennsylvania for a memorial service for our neighbor, who passed away last week after a battle with cancer. It was a lovely service and a fitting tribute for a wonderful woman.

We stayed with our parents on Friday night, went out to breakfast at their favorite new restaurant on Saturday morning, and then visited for a few hours with my brother's best friend from high school and his wife and son. I adore them both and hope we get to see them all again very soon.

We headed back to Virginia in blindingly bright sunshine, which I would've enjoyed a lot more if I hadn't had a splitting headache. But we made good time and were able to go out for a bite to eat with Hubby, J-Mav, and Keeper Boy before heading to [gasp!] the rink (I know... shocking!) for Keeper Boy's hockey game. My brother came with us and was suitably impressed with Keeper Boy's improvement since the last time he saw him play a few years ago.

BFF and her family came to watch Keeper Boy play, as well. Keeper Boy's team played well and won the game, beating the team that defeated them for the tournament championship LAST weekend. Good payback. After the game, we came home with an extra kid (our Godson).

Today we had awesome suite tickets for the Caps game against the Penguins. But before we headed downtown, I had to take a quick trip to the grocery store as we had no milk, bread, or toilet paper! The five of us (Godson came with us) headed downtown for lunch and the game and had a great time! Caps beat the Pens and, during the first intermission, Keeper Boy's goaltending partner and another player from their team competed in the shootout final for the other Squirt bracket... the same competition Keeper Boy and his teammate participated in in December. They won, too!

We had dinner at Rio Grande with BFF's family... great end to a great day. Now on to another week of work and school...

No comments: