Sunday, February 8, 2009

Third time's a charm

Something exciting happened today -- Hubby got a wedding band!

Wait. What?! But you've been married for almost 15 years, you say!

Yes, I know. And I put a lovely, yellow gold wedding band on Hubby's ring finger on a beautiful August day in 1994. He never took it off. However, he lost it a few years later -- at the hockey rink, we think. Then he got used to not having it on.

I admit, it bothered me a little bit (okay, a lot) that Hubby wasn't wearing a wedding band. It was totally my issue, but it still bothered me for whatever reason.

So... when Service Merchandise went out of business, I bought him another lovely, yellow gold wedding band -- this time with the comfort fit feature. But it wasn't comfortable because he wasn't used to wearing a ring after so many years. Because the store was going out of business, we couldn't return it, so we got store credit and, instead, got an electic razor and a few other useful things.

It has bothered me less and less as the years have flown by. I had gotten to the point where it very rarely even crossed my mind. But over the weekend we went into Christian Bernard, which is going out of business. I was looking at something else and we turned around to find we were standing in front of the men's wedding band display. So we looked and Hubby seemed interested. Problem was, they didn't have any in his size that could be re-sized. So we left empty-handed and decided if we could get to another Christian Bernard before they all closed, we'd check it out. If not, no big deal.

Well, today we went after Keeper Boy's hockey game (which the team won... woo hoo!). Long story short, Hubby is now sporting a beautiful, white gold wedding band that we got for a great price. It looks good on him and he really likes it.

I think I had become totally fine with him not wearing a wedding band. Really, I was ok! But I am also really happy that he has one again. :-)

No comments: