Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thinking...

I am the biggest idiot on the face of the earth... and it took me more than 17 hours to realize it.

Yesterday afternoon I went to Giant. At the checkout (self checkout), I got $40 cash back. The receipt and coupons spit out and I took them, loaded my groceries in the van and left.

This morning I was lying in bed and I had the sudden sickening realization that I didn't pick up the money from the cash dispenser. This is now the second time I've done this, although the first time it was "only" $20.

I just called Giant and asked if anyone happened to have turned in $40 from the self-scan checkout yesterday afternoon. Of course, the answer was no. Not in this economy, especially. Amazingly, the person on the other end of the phone didn't laugh at me.

I don't know what's worse: that I left the money there, or that I didn't realize it until this morning. I'm going to go wallow in my misery now.

No comments: