Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Here are a few things I learned today:
  • Even when your Hubby and children vacate the house to let you sleep in, it doesn't always work out.
  • A warm, sunny day with a slight breeze does wonders for the duldrums brought on by so many days of rain.
  • My kids couldn't have picked out more perfect Mother's Day cards... each card was a perfect reflection of each son.
  • My mechanic rocks.
  • Even if you find the most amazing sofa at an even more amazing price, it doesn't mean it'll fit in the room. (Thank goodness we didn't buy it before coming home to measure.)
  • Even if you go to Lowe's with a list and an idea of what you want, you will still spend an hour wandering aimlessly among the plants and herbs trying to find the perfect plants.
  • Brunch at Blue Iguana was good, but not something I need to do again (even though I picked it).
  • If J-Mav keeps eating like he has been recently, either Hubby or I is going to have to get a second job!
  • I can go into a lot of stores at the mall after Hubby has threatened the kids with something along the lines of, "today is mommy's day and we will do whatever she wants, whenever she wants... and we will like it."
  • I not only suck at Mario Cart on the Wii, but I also suck at Horshoes and Lawn Darts, too!
  • I never get tired of listening to Hubby laugh when he's on the phone with his brother.
  • I am hopelessly addicted to Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook.
  • I won't miss Desperate Housewives when the season is over next week, but I will miss Brothers & Sisters now that its season is over.

And some things I already knew:
  • I love being a mom.
  • I am lucky to have such amazing, funny, caring children.
  • I have the best mother and mother-in-law a girl could ask for.
  • Though I may complain, I wouldn't trade one second of my crazy life.

Happy Mother's Day to all moms who may be checking in...

No comments: