Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Seriously?!

This country is in the midst of a national crisis... waiting with baited breath... will Jon and Kate Gosslin work it out or divorce?!?

OMG! Are you serious?!? Who cares?!?

It's a TV show about an obsessive woman and her beaten down husband and their eight... yes, that's EIGHT... kids (six of whom are sextuplets). I admit, I have watched the show on several occasions. I can't however, tell you when its regular timeslot is. I just seem to watch bits and parts while channel surfing sometimes. I've seen it enough times to have formed the opinion that the kids are adorable; Kate is overbearing, mean to her husband, and somewhat vain; and Jon is submissive to Kate and vain about both his and her looks. I was done with him when I saw the episode where she had the tummy tuck and he was SO excited about it. Ugh.

Anyway, now they're all over the tabloids, each accused of having an extramarital affair... which they've both denied. They do not deny, however, that their marriage is in trouble and they don't know what's going to happen.

So. Do they ask for a break from production of the show so they can work on themselves and do what's best for their family? Nope. They keep on shooting. The new season started this week.

She says they've always done it for the kids and the kids' future, but that she hates being in the spotlight and being tracked by reporters and photographers. He says he never wanted to be involved and live his life in the public spotlight.

I say you can't have your cake and eat it, too.

No comments: