Saturday, January 17, 2009

Disney Adventure - Day 1

Travel day. J-Mav and I pulled out of the driveway at 10:35am. We made it to Manning, SC -- exit 119 on I-95 -- about two hours north of the Georgia border. Not too bad. I could've actually gone further, but J-Mav was ready to stop after being so good all day, and I was hungry. So we stopped.

We checked into a Holiday Inn Express with a non-functioning bathroom light and a heating system that seems to only work at sauna-like levels. So, while I may not be able to see while I do my business, and I may be dehydrated in the morning (which may make the bathroom light issue a moot point), I just might find myself with an extraordinary, new ability when I wake up. (ala "... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.")

J-Mav did GREAT today; my new FM tuner/transmitter thing worked perfectly and allowed me to jam to my iPod tunes through the car radio; we stopped at the adomination that is South of the Border and stretched our legs for a bit; and there was no vomitting.

THAT, my friends, is an excellent day of travel. :-)

-----------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, in Niagara Falls...
J-Mav and Hubby arrived safely in Niagara Falls last evening. J-Mav's hockey team is playing in a tournament there this weekend. Last night they took in a Buffalo State University hockey game. This morning was THEIR first game, and they won 7-1. They had the afternoon and evening free today, and Hubby and J-Mav (along with the dad and teammate they went up with) went to a hockey equipment store, ate lunch at the restaurant where Buffalo wings originated, saw Niagara Falls, and ventured into Canada for dinner. Busy day! Their next game is tomorrow morning (early: 7:15am), with the rest of the day free. The entire team is headed to Toronto after the game for a private tour of the Hockey Hall of Fame. How cool is that?

No comments: