Sunday, January 18, 2009

Disney Adventure - Day 2

Travel/arrival day. Alas, no special abilities from staying at the Holiday Inn Express last night.

We left at 8:30 this morning and jumped back on I-95. We drove. And drove. And drove. And then drove some more. We did make a few quick stops for gas and potty breaks, and a longer stop for lunch. J-Mav told me a few hours into our jaunt that he was "as hungry as 10 elephants." When he upped it to 12 elephants, I figured I'd better stop or I'd be broke feeding him before we ever made it to Disney. With the elephants fed, we kept going and made it to the resort around 4pm. Once we crossed into FL (around lunchtime), I was thrilled to discover it was warm enough to have the windows open. Low 70s.

We got our room keys -- 8244G and 8244H. We found our building (the resort is fairly big) and went up to the second floor. The first door we came to was 8244G. We went in and I was SERIOUSLY disappointed. It was a small hotel room with a mini-fridge and a mini-microwave -- not the two-bedroom, two-bathroom "condo" with full kitchen and living room I was expecting. So we decided to check out 8244H. Much better. Full kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom, and large bath with huge jacuzzi tub. When the adjoining room doors are open, it's the nice two-bed, two-bath we were expecting. Crisis averted.

Watched some of the Eagles game while bringing up the stuff from the car and unpacking some. J-Mav really wanted to go to the pool and I couldn't really say no since he's been so good for the last two days of sitting in the car, so I left just as the Eagles started actually playing like they might want to go to the Superbowl. We stayed at the pool for about a half hour. J-Mav had a blast. I was cold. It wasn't so warm after the sun went down. :-( But, it's still way warmer than home! We made it back upstairs for the last two or so minutes of the game. A disappointing end to the Eagles' season.

I made us hot dogs and macaroni & cheese for dinner, and then we watched not one, but TWO, episodes of Hole in the Wall. J-Mav gets a kick out of that show. And I was pleasantly surprised to find I have a wireless connection (albeit a weak one) here in the condo. We were supposed to have to go to a common area to get a signal. Bonus!

Glad to be here. Nice to know I don't have to sit in the car all day tomorrow, though we don't really have a plan... We'll figure that out tomorrow. Maybe Downtown Disney...
--------------------------------------------
Meanwhile in Niagara Falls...
The kids tied their game this morning 3-3 after coming back from a 3-1 deficit. They are currently in first place going into tomorrow morning's game. After the game, Hubby, J-Mav, and the dad and teammate they are hanging with for the weekend headed to Toronto for a trip to an equipment store called Goalie Heaven (sounds promising for goalie equipment) and the team tour of the Hockey Hall of Fame. Haven't talked to them yet tonight, but Hubby sent me a very cool picture of Keeper Boy at the HHOF on my cell phone this afternoon. Looked like he was having a good time. :-)

No comments: