Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thinking...

Thank God for wireless Internet!

I have, for the most part, been sitting or lying on the sofa since about Noon on Friday. The "sofa nest" is well-stocked, and at a perfect viewing angle to the flat screen, but there's really nothing on TV during the day. Nothing. OK, today there was football.

So, I've caught up on the last two episodes of Grey's Anatomy, the last two episodes of Brothers & Sisters, and the last two episodes of Desperate Housewives. I've spent a lot of time on Facebook. I've done some Christmas shopping. I've read CNN.com. A lot.

I wouldn't have been able to do any of that without my laptop and my wireless Internet connection.

So, while a nice visit from my BFF yesterday made my day, and getting out of the house for a few hours today (for the first time since I came home from the surgical center) for my goddaughter's birthday party was awesome, I don't know what else I'd have been doing all weekend without the Internet!

I don't know how my dad did it all those years ago when he had back surgeries and had to be in bed for DAYS with no computer, let alone wireless Internet. Progress rocks!

No comments: