Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend update

What a great weekend! Friday night Keeper Boy had a sleepover at our Godson's house, and Hubby, J-Mav, and I went to Red Robin for dinner (J-Mav's choice). Hubby and I were rewarded for agreeing to the choice when we discovered the gingerbread shakes have arrived!! Score!! After dinner, we came home and watched the Caps game while hovered around Hubby's laptop since it was broadcast on CSN+ and we don't get that channel. :-(

Saturday I ventured out shopping with BFF. She was so good to me... dropping me off at the front door of The Cheesecake Factory and other various stores, and walking real slow wherever we went. Luckily we brought along a pair of crutches so I could still walk "normally" but not put my full weight on Frankenfoot. I think that helped A LOT because I lasted almost five hours!! We had a great afternoon.

By the time we got back to her house, Hubby and J-Mav were there (and Keeper Boy had been there for the sleepover). We all hung out and had dinner and watched the Caps game. J-Mav was going to have a sleepover on Saturday night, but decided he didn't want to stay. So we all came home after the Caps game was over.

This morning, Keeper Boy had a game against his old team. He was in net and they got pummeled. He was pulled part-way through the first period -- a first for him. The coach told him to get himself together because he was going back in at the beginning of the second period. He did and he played much better for the last two periods; however, you'd not know it by the final score. He was still beating himself up over some of the goals well after he went to bed, as he came downstairs to discuss them with me. Sigh.

Hubby did the grocery shopping again this week. I think I'll be able to resume that duty next weekend. :) After putting the groceries away, Hubby went into the office for a few hours. The boys played outside; I sat on the sofa and watched football. I grilled out for dinner. It was too gorgeous not to. Hubby had a hockey game tonight; I had my Sunday night shows to watch. Now, it's bedtime.

Great weekend!! Next weekend: J-Mav and I are headed to PA to see my niece's school production of The Wizard of Oz.

No comments: