Thursday, November 5, 2009

This is it

Well, today is potentially the last day I'll have full feeling in my foot. I hope not, but there's a pretty good chance I'll end up with some nerve issues from this surgery tomorrow morning... like maybe not being able to feel my pinky toe. Today is DEFINITELY the last day I'll wear anything but sneakers or my flat, black shoes for the next month. I should say, shoe, because I'm going to have a lovely "prescription shoe" on my left foot for a month.

I'm glad I'm finally getting this taken care of. While the cyst does not leave me in constant, excrutiating pain, it is annoying, dull achiness. Not constant. It comes and goes. However, it has come more than it has gone in the past three months. And any type of exercise with even just the slightest impact has become extremely uncomfortable (to include running, zumba, and even walking on the treadmill).

Needless to say -- with pretty much zippo exercise going on -- I'm not exactly rocking Weight Watchers right now (which is why you all haven't seen any updates recently). I won't be able to really do anything for at least a month, so I'm going to have to be really vigilant about what goes in my mouth. Sigh.

Anyway, no food or drink after midnight tonight. (I can have half a can of Diet Coke in the morning, but it has to be at least two hours prior to my arrival at the surgical center... i.e., by 6am.) Surgery is scheduled for 9:10am tomorrow and should last about 45 minutes. Right now I'm not nervous.

No comments: