Monday, January 3, 2011

Project Hawaii

So, in just less than six months, we'll be in Hawaii for two weeks.

Very tropical weather = need for summer clothes.

Problem: most of my summer clothes are a Size 12. I am not, at this moment, a Size 12. If I am being honest, I am barely, and not even always, a Size 14 at this very moment.

My mission, should I choose to accept it, is to be a Size 12 by the time we go to Hawaii so that my summer clothes, which I really like, by the way, fit me. Six months. I'm guessing anywhere from 15-30 pounds would put me comfortably in a Size 12.

I've decided I'm not going to go by what the scale says. Doesn't matter, as long as my clothes are comfortable. By the way, I have lot of winter clothes that are just hanging around in my closet waiting to be worn again, too. I wonder if my co-workers get tired of seeing me rotate through the same three pairs of pants (black, gray, kacki) and two skirts (both black)? I wonder if I care? Nope, not so much. But it would be nice to wear all the awesome courduroys I have hanging in there!

But I digress.

Size 12. By the end of June. That's the goal.

There are several things that I know I need to do:
1. Drink more water. Drink ANY water, really. I'm lucky if I drink one bottle a day.
2. Drink less Diet Coke. I am down to two a day. OK, sometimes three. I would like to get down to just the one in the morning. I just REALLY love Diet Coke!
3. Work out harder, and possbily longer. This could present a problem because whenever I up the intensity on the treadmill, my right hip starts hurting.
4. Stop making excuses as to why I need to sleep longer instead of getting up and doing some sort of exercise.
5. Watch the snacking. For instance, I was doing great today, until I was sitting here tonight helping Justin with his math homework (yes... I DID have to look at the book and re-teach myself about square roots, thank you very much) and doing stuff for work and the box of After Eight mints that were in my Christmas stocking started calling my name from the kitchen cupboard. Sigh.

OK... so that's the plan. All logical and common sense stuff. Easier said than done. But it CAN be done.

I'm not going to update on any regular basis. But I'll check in periodically, I guess.

Here goes nothin'...

No comments: