Thursday, January 27, 2011

SnOMG!! '11

Well, it's not as bad as last year's SnOMG!! (only 8 inches this time... much better than 3 feet), but it has still been interesting.

I have not seen my office in two days, and I'm not sure I'll get there tomorrow, either.

Hubby spent more than four hours trying to get home from an appointment yesterday, when it should've taken him just over an hour. (He was lucky... I have heard way too many stories of seven and eight-hour commutes last night.)

Last night, I manually shoveled the entire driveway and the half of the street that has not been plowed.

This afternoon, I shoveled the mountain of snow created in the middle of the street at the end of the driveway when the plow came back through this morning and plowed the same half of the street that had been previously plowed.

The good news is that my parents made it here unscathed, and as of now their flight is on time for tomorrow morning. Hubby and my dad went to Hubby's office and dug his car out of the parking lot. And J-Mav is fine today (after puking twice yesterday).

School has already been cancelled tomorrow (snow day #4), so the kids now have school on Presidents Day. This is an issue because Keeper Boy has a hockey tournament. But we'll deal with that when we come to it.

Bad news is, it's supposed to snow again tomorrow afternoon. Really?!

No comments: