Sunday, July 24, 2011

The annual wallet-draining ritual...

... that is shopping for school supplies has begun. We had to go to Target tonight to get a sleeve of tennis balls for J-Mav as his tennis camp starts tomorrow. Keeper Boy also wanted a bottle of Sun-In. Ah, the vanity begins. As a side note, in case you're in the market, Target doesn't sell Sun-In. Wal-Mart does.

Anyway, while we were at Target, I checked out what school supplies were on sale. I didn't have J-Mav's list with me, but I remembered most of it and actually did pretty well. Because I know the former and current teachers in my "fan club" get a kick out of the annual school supply list, I thought I'd keep you up-to-date on my progress.

J-Mav's 2011-12 School Supply List

Items gotten:
2 packs wide-rule loose-leaf paper - $1.50
4 black & white marble composition books - $1.60
10 large glue sticks (I actually got 18 of the smaller size) - $5.91
1 box crayons (24) - $.40
1 box washable markers (8) - $.99
1 package highlighters - $1.47
1 pair of scissors - $0 (had from last year)
2 post-it pads (3x3) - $1.00 (only bought one; had one unopened from last year)
1 package white board markers - $0 (had from last year)
5 pocket folders without brads (red, yellow, green, blue, black) - $3.48
10 red pens - $1.00
1 package pearl pink erasers - $0 (have several of these from previous years)
1 zipper pencil pouch - $0 (have from last year)
1 ruler with inches/centimeters - $0 (have from last year)
24 #2 pencils - $.94
1 clipboard, letter size - $0 (had from last year)

Yet to get:
1 large boxes tissues
2 boxes baby wipes
1 box quart ziploc bags
1 box gallon ziploc bags

Grand total spent so far (with tax): $40.81

With any luck, we'll finish off his list and come in under $50. Won't be able to do anything with Keeper Boy's list until we see who his teachers are. And even then, I'm not sure I'll do anything with it before school starts as the middle school and high school teachers seem to require things other than what's on the list, anyway.

No comments: