Monday, July 11, 2011

Hawaii - July 2

The luau at Paradise Cove was great! There were activities to do before
the luau--outrigger canoeing, Polynesian tattooing, spear throwing, crown making, a tree-climbing exhibition, and the king/queen/unveiling of the pig ceremony. The food was good--though I have no need to try poi again. :-)

It was a late night, but the kids did great! I'm tired this morning, though. Today we are going to the North Shore.

Talked to mom and dad last night. I was worried about Grandpa since I got a message from [my cousin] last night that he'd been hospitalized. Doesn't appear to be life threatening. His face is apparently really, really swollen. They don't seem to know what's wrong with him though. :-( Turns out it was shingles. He seems to be fine and in no pain, and was apparently only in the hospital for a few days. I suppose anything can be serious and/or life-threatening when you're just a few days shy of your 97th birthday! Turns out this was the trip of unexpected medical news. When I turned my Blackberry on in Salt Lake City on the way TO Hawaii I learned that my dad has Diabetes. Neither Hubby nor I ever remember being told that that was even a possibility or that he was having issues. Now that we are home and somewhat back on a "normal" schedule, I need to call and get more scoop on THAT.

No comments: