Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hawaii - June 23

Well, I didn't sleep much on the planes... none to Salt Lake City, and about an hour or so from SLC to Honolulu. The flight from SLC was good, and the private monitors on the seat backs rocked--games, movies, TV shows. I watched "Country Strong." Hubby watched a few movies. Keeper Boy watched a couple, too. (J-Mav took a nice long nap during the second leg of the flight.)

Hubby's luggage didn't come off the belt, but after standing in a long line, we discovered it was there. So that was good. (Still not sure why it was sitting in some mysterious back room and didn't come off on the luggage belt, but whatever. I'm just glad it was there... he's the only one who didn't pack a swimsuit and a change of clothes in a carry-on in the event of a luggage mishap.)

Uncle Hooter and Spidey picked us up (and greeted us with beautiful leis). Spidey was a little shy, but warmed up right away to the boys; took about a day for me to get a real hug from him.
The picture above is of Flat Slapshot wearing my lei. Flat Slapshot is something you can print out and take on vacation with you and then upload the pictures to Slapshot's Facebook page. We took a few during the first week we were there, but then kind of forgot.

Their house is nice; definitely big enough for all of us for the two weeks.

We managed to stay up until about 10pm (when Gma G arrived). The boys went to bed around 9. They were up at 5:30am this morning. Ugh! (Although, I don't know why I'm complaining... I didn't hear them. Gma G got up, God love her.)

No comments: