Monday, July 11, 2011

Hawaii - July 8

Well, the end of our wonderful vacation has been crappy. We had no trouble at HNL; I think we were at the gate within a half hour of when Uncle Hooter dropped us off. Even had time to get ice cream before we boarded the flight!

The red eye flight was fine, though J-Mav is the only one who slept (and he slept for the entire flight). I knew I wouldn't sleep, and I didn't. I tried. Hubby and Keeper Boy, for whatever reason, chose to watch movies all night instead of sleeping.

While waiting for our connection in Salt Lake City, we were delayed an hour due to weather in Baltimore. We finally took off (and I was able to sleep a little; Jack once again slept for most of the flight). Once we got close to BWI, we were put in a holding pattern because of the weather. I guess it hadn't yet cleared, or they were backed up. Eventually, we had to divert to Pittsburgh to refuel.

We are now on our way back to BWI and will be landing just more than 3 hours after we were supposed to. We still need to get a shuttle back to the hotel to get the truck and then drive home. I guess the one good thing is that the traffic should be better.

The boys have been pretty good with this long day of travel. I messed up and packed Keeper Boy's meds in his checked baggage, so he's definitely had his moments--especially at the airport in SLC and while we were refueling in Pittsburgh.

It really was a wonderful vacation. It seems, at once, like we've been gone forever, and like we just left. I can't believe it might be two years (or longer) until we see Uncle Hooter, Jenrie, and the kids again. Well not "might be" but "probably will be." :-( I do hope it works out for Keeper Boy to fly out there next summer.

No comments: