Monday, July 11, 2011

Hawaii - July 7

Hubby and Keeper Boy swam with turtles! How cool! Keeper Boy even took a video with Uncle Hooter's camera. Hopefully Uncle Hooter will be able to send it to us when he gets back from his work trip to Australia. (He left for three weeks the day after we did... hopefully he will be back before the baby is born... he is due on August 18!)

The show was cool. Not sure it was worth $50, but it was cool. Pretty far away--complete other side of the island. I ended up driving home because Jenrie was tired. I done good... you'd have thought I knew what I was doing! Driving H1 is kinda like driving on 66!

I did get to see Chinaman's Hat while we were driving up there. That's not quite as cool as seeing giant sea turtles, but it's something.

This morning we went to Pali Lookout. Beautiful view of that side of the island, but man was it windy! There was a warning onoine to hold the hands of small children. I can see why!

We are working on getting packed up and doing some laundry. I think we are going to go out to lunch, go see some fish at the Officer's Club at the harbor, and just lay low this afternoon. Our flight leaves at 9pm.

Later...
Saw some cool, bright yellow fish at the harbor. Took some pics, but the water seems to have distorted them because it was breezy. Just looks like yellow blobs in the water. Oh well. I did get a picture of the kids sitting on the Hickam sign (and the "planes on a stick").

No comments: