Monday, July 11, 2011

Hawaii - The Aftermath

It turns out we waited more than 30 minutes for the hotel shuttle to pick us up at the airport and take us back to our truck. We were tired, starving, and cranky, so you can imagine Hubby's and my irritation when the shuttle driver casually mentioned that our vehicle had been moved while we were gone. "How?" we both snapped at the same time (because both sets of keys were in our possession in Hawaii). The driver said she was 99% sure they put it on rollers and moved it. We asked why and were told that they re-paved the area of the lot that Hubby had parked the truck in.

Now the desk clerk knew where he had parked the truck when we checked into the hotel. It was the only area with available spaces that evening when we arrived. I would think that they knew of their paving plans at that time. Paving a parking lot is not something that you randomly decide to do one day. I'm very annoyed that they didnt' inform us and tell us to park somewhere else! I meant to call today and complain, but I forgot. I have it on my list of things to do tomorrow.

We ended stopping at Subway for a quick dinner after we got our car and loaded up all of our luggage. We did hit traffic on the way home, but it was due to construction, not rush hour. We got home about 11pm and we were all in bed and asleep by 11:30.

Hubby and Keeper Boy had dry land training at 10am the next morning, so no real sleeping in for them. J-Mav slept until just after Noon. I had to go in and check on him at one point to see if he was breathing. I don't think he's ever slept 12 hours in a row, even when he was a baby!

Yesterday (Sunday), J-Mav was up at 9; Hubby and I slept until 10; and we had to wake Keeper Boy at 12:30pm. Crazy!

Today it was (begrudgingly) back to work for Hubby and I. I think we are all back on our normal, east coast time schedule.

Only three more weeks until we go to Smith Mountain Lake for a week... then it's going to a LONG time until we have another vacation...

No comments: