Sunday, November 23, 2008

Close, but no cigar

Keeper Boy was 56 seconds away from a shutout today. But alas, the opposing team connected on what I think was its final shot of the game and got one past him. Our guys responded by taking the puck down to the opposite end of the ice and scoring one more goal. Final: 8-1. Another game tomorrow against the same team; this time on our ice. Keeper Boy will be the door keeper tomorrow. His goaltending partner will be in net.

Hung out with BFF and kids after the game. Good times. Heard from the Hubbys... One of them was happy: Ohio State beat Michigan 42-7 today. BFF's Hubby said he didn't have much fun after the 3rd quarter of the game. I hate to break it to him, but from what I saw, Michigan appeared to be done well before then. They will head back home tomorrow.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm sitting here by the glow of one the five Christmas trees I have in my house. I don't know what disturbs me more -- that I have five Christmas trees in my house, or that four of the five are completely decorated already!

This is early, even for me. But I realized at some point last week that this is the last weekend I'm going to be home until 12/13 and that weekend is pretty busy. So I had Hubby drag all the Christmas crap (as he calls it) out of the attic before he left yesterday morning so I could decorate this weekend. The house is all decorated now, except for the big Christmas tree. The kids and I will do that tomorrow.

J-Mav helped me put the garland on the stairway and hang the stockings by the chimney with care. He decorated the 3-foot tree in his bedroom; Keeper Boy decorated the 3-foot tree in his bedroom. And I decorated the 3-foot "hockey tree" downstairs and my 2-foot "elephant tree" in the dining room. Yes, we have one entire tree dedicated to hockey and another dedicated to elephants. Are you shocked? We put the candles in the windows, too. All that's left is the big tree in the living room. Oh, and stringing the lights on the bushes out in front of the house. I'll hope for a warm day to do that here soon. (Hey, a girl can hope.)

We won't turn on the big tree or the candles in the windows until we get home from Thanksgiving -- that's just ridiculous. But I love when the house is decorated for Christmas and I'll be counting the days until I can boost that electric bill!!

No comments: