Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"I keel you!"

Hubby and I watched the Jeff Dunham "A Very Special Christmas Special" last night on Comedy Central. If you don't know who Jeff-fuh-fuh Dun-ham (inside joke for those who have seen his act) is, he's a stand-up comedian and a [very talented] ventriloquist.

His five "puppets" are Walter, a curmudgeon in a sweater vest and a bowtie; Peanut, a wild and crazy purple thing with green spikey hair; Bubba J, a stereotypical redneck; Jose Jalepeno (on a stick), a... well, a pepper on a stick; and Achmed, the skeleton of a terrorist.

Each character has its own voice and accent. Jeff Dunham is really amazing that way. In my opinion, Achmed is the funniest of the five, followed closely by Jose and Peanut. Walter is okay. I could do without Bubba J.

Achmed's signature line is, "Silence! I kill you!" (with kill pronounced as keel). It's really more funny to see than to read about. In the Chrismtas special, Achmed also sings his own special version of Jingle Bells, called Jingle Bombs.

OK, so while we were watching and busting a gut laughing last night, I got online to see if Jeff and his posse are touring. Imagine my joy when I discovered he's going to be here (20 minutes from our house) on January 2nd!! I immediately clicked the get tickets link, only to find that there aren't two tickets available anywhere in the arena. Sigh.

For the next month I will be perusing Craigs List and eBay to see if I can get some tickets. I'd "keel" for them. Ha ha.

2 comments:

Jenrie said...

Josh would "keel" for them too. He loves that guy and he's the one that first told me about Achmed! It's actually even funnier when Josh does it, if you can believe that!

Kand3Js said...

Yeah, I actually can believe that. :)