Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend...

Another weekend is coming to an end as I sit here flipping back and forth between Desperate Housewives and the Redskins/Cowboys game. Hubby is at said game with BFF, who has her own season tickets for her beloved Skins. How cool is she? Since the Cowboys are down 7-0 right now, I'm sure Hubby isn't thrilled about the score, but I know they're still having a great time (if they aren't popsicles by now).

The weekend started out with a Family Fun Night at Keeper Boy's school... a showing of Kung Fu Panda in the incredibly uncomfortable and acoustically-challenged cafeteria. The kids had fun and the movie was cute (what I could hear of it). We'll have to rent it again so we can really hear it. :-)

Saturday was all about laundry, homework, and chores. Dinner at a time more suitable to a nursing home so we could get Keeper Boy to the rink an hour before his 6:30 game. Keeper Boy wasn't in net, but we cheered the boys on in a great game against the visiting Jr. Hurricanes. We lost by a goal. :-(

This morning it was back to the rink for a re-match with the 'Canes. Keeper Boy's turn in net. Didn't go any better. Keeper Boy did have a highlight reel-worthy glove save, though! Our kids' first time getting swept in a weekend. :-(

After some lunch, BFF came over with her kids, N and V. After visiting for awhile, BFF and Hubby left (all bundled up like toddlers in their first snowsuits) for the Skins game, while I stayed here with the four kids (12, 10, 6, and 5). I asked them if they wanted to go see Madagascar 2. Duh. It started in 30 minutes, so we jumped in the car, went to the theatre, got the tickets and the popcorn, and were in our seats before the previews even started. The kids were great, as was the movie, and I killed a few hours. Score!

When we got home, I dialed up some pizzas and we chowed down. I even got the kids to mostly clean up the toy storm before BFF's Hubby arrived (fresh from seeing Carmen with his parents and BFF's mom) to pick them up. It was a fun evening for all the kids and they were really good. Seriously. I'm so glad they all get along so well together. :-)

And now I'm sitting here flipping channels in my fat pants. What could be better?

No comments: