Saturday, November 8, 2008

Someone stop me!

It started simply enough. After 9|11 I had an American flag and a yellow ribbon on the back of my car. That's it. Tasteful. Then I got rear-ended sitting in traffic one day on my way home from work. The entire tailgate door of my van had to be replaced, so once I got my van back weeks later, it was a clean slate. That didn't last long, but I'm not sure when it got out of control.

When Keeper Boy started at the elementary school with the GT center, I got a magnetic bumper sticker for the school. Then I got a sticker for the window that is a white outline of flipflops. It's small. After that I added a black magnetic hockey goalie. Two summers ago, I got one of those oval magnets for my favorite beach destination. It, too, is small. This past summer I added another flip flop sticker to the back window... this one is a little different because the flip flops are pink and have the name of my favorite beach destination on it. I also added an oval magnet with the Philadelphia Eagles logo on it. The back of my car was getting a little crowded, so I removed the magnetic bumper sticker for Keeper Boy's elementary school. It was a few years old by then and looking a little icky.

I started making fun of my own "chochki" car. But today probably put it over the top. I added another white outline sticker to the window. This one is the logo for Keeper Boy's hockey team, along with his name and number. I think I've officially gone over the edge.

Hello, my name is... and I'm a "car chochki" junkie...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard this on the radio the other day and burst out laughing: Facebook Groups are the new bumper sticker!

- Molly

Severs said...

Sis...you would fit in well over here. Iraqi people do the same thing. How does THAT make you feel? :)