Monday, November 24, 2008

What? No microwave?!

I decided not to go to the store this week since we're leaving Wednesday for Thanksgiving weekend at my parents' house. So, as we were digging around in the fridge tonight scrounging for dinner, we were talking about our days in between hounding Keeper Boy about accidentally recycling the packet he had to complete for homework.

I encouraged J-Mav to tell Hubby what he'd been learning about Thanksgiving in school. (He had informed me over the weekend, so I thought it would be nice for him to impart his knowledge on his dad, too.) So he's talking about this and that, and then I prompted him to tell Hubby about Squanto. I think they must've spent a lot of time talking about how Squanto helped the pilgrims survive their first winter because he came home with a little book he'd put together and colored that was just about Squanto. Anyway, this is kind of how it went:

Well, the pilgrims came all the way over here on these big wooden boats. They didn't even have any microwaves! And...

I'm not sure what else he said for a little while after that because I was laughing too hard. He hadn't told me about the awful lack of microwaves over the weekend!

Eventually he got to the part where Squanto helped the pilgrims plant food, which is how the whole microwave thing tied in in his mind, I guess. What did those pilgrims do without Chicken 'n Stars, Easy Mac, and microwave popcorn!?!

No comments: