Friday, November 21, 2008

I rock!

I'm not generally one to toot my own horn (unless I'm trying to be funny); however, this time I will do so in all my glory. I rock! Yes, I do.

At this very moment, Hubby and BFF's Hubby are on their way to Columbus, OH for the weekend -- the main reason being their attendance at the Ohio State/Michigan game tomorrow -- complements of BFF and I for each of our Hubby's birthdays. I told you I rock! And BFF does, too!

As a little background, Hubby grew up in Ohio and has always followed Buckeye football. BFF's Hubby grew up in Michigan and has always followed Wolverine football. Over the years -- both pre-kiddos and after -- we have often gotten together to watch the annual OSU/Michigan showdown. So, for them, going to the game together is like football Mecca, I think.

I need to give my always amazing mother-in-law credit for helping us get these tickets. She rocks, too! I had asked her last fall if she had any connections she might be able to exploit to help me get some tickets to the game for Hubby. She called out of the blue one day over the summer and said her BFF (who has been an OSU season ticket holder forever) was willing to sell me her tickets to the OSU/Michigan game. I think I screamed. Right in my office. In the middle of the day. Yes, I did.

So BFF and I gave the guys their gifts on my Hubby's birthday in July (there was no way we could all keep it quiet until her Hubby's birthday, which wasn't until earlier this month). They were both shocked, amazed, and speechless. Yes, speechless. Trust me, that doesn't happen very often.

In true guy fashion, they had no plan for when they were leaving or even who was driving until last night. But they got it together and they were supposed to have left at 10am this morning. I assume that happened.

This weekend I am a football widow instead of a hockey widow. A little change of pace, I guess. Same outcome. Still have to wrangle the kids on my own -- no good cop/bad cop routine; I am both until Sunday night; hopefully no need for bad cop. :-) Keeper Boy has two laser tag birthday parties and two hockey games this weekend. I'm trying to set up a play date for J-Mav. So it'll be a busy weekend. But we will have fun and survive. I will prevail -- because I rock!

No comments: