Sunday, November 23, 2008

OK, so I lied...

After the kids and I decorated the "main" Christmas tree today, I did turn it on. It's just too pretty to look at to leave it unlit. But I WILL NOT put the candles on until we get back from Thanksgiving. I'm sticking to that one! The house is so festive... I wish I could just leave it decorated all year.

J-Mav and I read some books from the Christmas basket before bed. My favorite is "Moosletoe"... he said he wants to make sure we read it to his cousin when he's here at Christmas. :-) We have this basket of holiday-themed books. I say that rather than Christmas because there's one in there about Hanakuh and one about Kwanza. When the kids were younger, I made sure there were 25 books in the basket, and I wrapped them all in Christmas wrapping paper. Then every night from December 1st until Christmas, they took turns picking out one book and unwrapping it, and either Hubby or I read it to them. Each year I picked up some more books after Christmas and got rid of a few so they weren't the same books each year. Last year is the first year I didn't wrap the books. I didn't wrap them this year, either. They have their favorites that they just pick out and read over and over. And Keeper Boy likes to read to J-Mav now. That's nice, too. But it's a nice holiday tradition, even if it's evolving as the years go by. I originally got the idea out of Family Fun magazine.

A couple of other items to update:
  • Keeper Boy's team won again today... a weekend sweep where, this time, they did the sweeping! They played the same team they played yesterday. Today the final score was 6 - 2, I believe. Keeper Boy was on door patrol. We were able to see most of the game that was being played before ours, and we knew several of the kids from Keeper Boy's team last year, so that was fun.
  • Hubby and BFF's Hubby made it home safe and sound from Ohio and reported that a great time was had by all.
  • Hubby jumped right back into the family fray and took Keeper Boy to a birthday party tonight... another laser tag party (for one of his hockey teammates).

That about wraps up this weekend. I'm trying to convince myself to get on the treadmill before my shows come on. Probably won't happen...

No comments: